At CEU GmbH - CEU Central European University Private University (address: Quellenstrasse 51, 1100 Vienna, hereinafter: CEU PU GmbH or University) we place great emphasis on the protection of your personal data and compliance with the EU General Data ProtectionRegulation (GDPR *) and the Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG). This privacy statement applies to the use, processing and storage of personal data collected for research purposes in the Research Center for "Kinderkognition" (Babylab) of the CEU PU GmbH - Cognitive Development Center.
* Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing directive 95/46/EC.
1. Who are we, and what do we do? Designation of the data controller
We, researchers working in the KiKo Research Center (Babylab) of the Central European University, Cognitive Development Center, are concerned with learning about the cognitive processes in infants and young children.
2. Availability of the data controller
CEU GmbH - CEU Central European University Private University
Phone: + 43 1 2525307111
3. What is the purpose of processing personal data?
1. We only collect and process your personal data to invite you and your child to participate in our research and keep in touch with you.
2. We will make a video recording of the eye movements of the participants or the answers to the questions during test sessions so that our colleagues can analyze it later.
4. What is the legal basis for the processing of personal data?
The legal basis for processing the data indicated in 5.1 for the purpose of 3.1 is your (expressed) consent in your name and for your child (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
5. What personal information do we collect?
For the purposes of data processing specified in Section 4 of this Notice, the University may process the following personal data of the data subjects:
5.1. Child's name
Date of birth of the child
Caregiver's phone number
Caregiver's email address
Date of consent
Date of visit
5.2. Video recording (identified by a unique code)
Cognitive Development Center collects the personal data needed to contact you from a public source or directly from you. You are not obliged to provide your personal data or to consent to its further processing, however, due to the non-provision of data, you or your child will no longer be able to participate in the research.
6. Who do we share your personal information with?
The data is managed only by the Central European University, Cognitive Development Center, KiKo Research Center (Babylab). Solely the colleagues working on the project and conducting the studies have access to the data.
7. How long do we process your personal information?
1. Concerning the purpose of data processing specified in point 5.1, until the data subject's consent is revoked, or until the age of 10 (ten) years of the child. After the period specified above, your personal data will be deleted.
2. The video recordings (5.2) are stored for 5 years from publication of the results. If the results are not published, they will be kept for 10 years and then deleted. The storage of video recordings until the dates indicated above is justified by the expectation of professional requirements for scientific results.
8. What are your rights regarding data processing?
You have the right to...
• ask us for access to your personal information
• object to the processing of your data
• request that your data be corrected
• request the deletion of your data
• restrict the use of your personal data
• withdraw your consent at any time
To exercise any of the above rights, please email us at email@example.com or Quellenstraße 51, 1100 Vienna.
The University will make every effort to comply with your request in accordance with the law and will respond in writing no later than 30 days after receipt of the request.
If you wish to request assistance from the competent national authority, you can do so at the following address:
Austrian Data Protection Authority:
Address: Barichgasse 40-42, A-1030
Phone: +43 1 52 052-0
9. Security of your personal information
We are committed to handling your personal information securely and carefully. All data is held and stored securely in accordance with applicable data protection laws and our internal data protection policies. We do not sell or transfer your information to other organizations.
Last update 26th April 2022.